Retractable Screen Care & Maintenance
Congratulations! You have purchased one of the finest retractable screen products on the market today! Mirage takes great pride in manufacturing quality products that will provide you, our valued customer, with years of trouble-free enjoyment.
To help protect your investment and provide for your long term enjoyment of your Mirage Screen, the following recommendations are provided:
- Regularly clean the bottom track of debris, small stones and pet hair.
- Annually clean tracks, housing and mesh with warm soapy water and dry with a clean soft cloth
- Following the annual cleaning, lubricate the tracks with a good quality silicone spray lubricant.
- In particularly high traffic or dusty areas, cleaning and lubrication will be needed more frequently.
- The Mirage screen comes with a visibility decal installed at eye level. The decal helps prevent the screen from being accidently walked into when in use. Please leave this decal in place until your family become use to the screen.
- Introduce your pets to the screen and train them to respect it, as you would any other household fixture.
- Retract the screen into its housing when not in use. This will keep the screen from being damaged from the elements and keep it clean.
The Mirage Screen is designed to be stored away in its protective housing, at the side of the door, when not in use. It is expected that when the wind ‘picks up’ it be stored away, as is done with items such as patio sun umbrellas.
Usually at such times there is little or no concern with flying insects. If the screen is left in place it is generally for another purpose for which the screen was not specifically designed – such as blocking wind gusts from entering the home or for a sense of security.
While the screen does work well in a moderate breeze, when the wind gusts, it may blow the mesh out of the top and bottom tracks causing wear that is not covered by warranty.
Please Note: Combinations of mesh fabric, fabric production lot, unit size, location and wind conditions may cause variations in the fabric’s appearance and smoothness of extension and retraction of unit.
I am so pleased with my retractable screen door. We can now enjoy the unobstructed view of our back yard through our patio doors. Also, Regina and Ken provided great installation-very neat and efficient. I would recommend this product to anyone.
Patricia T. Danvers, MA
Regina and Ken installed retractable screens on our 2 sliders last spring. We enjoyed not having our view spoiled by screens all summer. We appreciate their service and professionalism. We recommend them highly.Lois and Myles